When choosing the control valve for your process plant, there’re a few things that you have to look in detail. These will include its valve flow characteristic, body, size and materials, potential for any damage from the cavitation and flashing, actuator size and type, dynamic reaction to the changes in signal and more. Thus, it is very important that you make the right choice and buy from blackhawk supply.
Control valves are generally used in several processes to control pressure, flow, temperature and other variables. So, the valve type used may depend on the pipe size, overall pressure that your system operates, flowing media, conditions, and various other factors. Here are some considerations that you have to make when buying the right control valve online:
- Make sure to choose the right construction materials. Take in consideration various valve components that will come in contact with this process fluid like valve body, seat and other components that are exposed to its process fluid.
- Consider operating temperature & pressure the valve is exposed to. You need to look at local ambient atmosphere or any corrosives happening that can affect the valve exterior.
- Check the control degree you need and make sure the valve you have selected can achieve desired operating conditions.
The control valve installation includes the valve body, positioner, actuator, and accessories. This body includes the trim parts and bonnet assembly. The design withstands its fluid static pressure that allows flow of fluid, offer pipe-connecting, and supports the seating surfaces. Actuators are hydraulic, electrically, or pneumatic powered devices, which give force to open or close the valve.
Key valve actuator characteristics are:
- An ability to start/stop instantaneously without any dead time and position overshoot.
- Precise and repeatable positioning.
- Perform consistently & unaffected by load.
- Constant duty rating without any limitations on starts.